Wednesday 27 January 2010

G'day, Hallo, Xin Chao, Molo, Hello, Ahoyhoy!

First off, I'd like to wish everyone a prosperous 2010. Hopefully it's the year that sees:

Newcastle return to the Premier League, Bafana Bafana lift the golden World Cup trophy in July, Australian house prices plummet, Kyle Sandilands exiled to Christmas Island, the climate suddenly cool itself, pirates stop their shenanigans along the Somalian coast, jobs created and houses built.

More likely, however, would be if Julius Malema was suddenly kidnapped (along with Tony Abbott in his dick togs) by Somalian pirates and marooned on an isolated island that shrunk daily as melting ice-caps caused ocean levels to rise, only to find it already occupied by Bafana Bafana who were exiled there by the people of South Africa thanks to their poor Woza 2010 performance.

I guess I'd settle for a happy medium.

Anyways, I have vowed 2010 to be "the year of the blog", so articles and photos will follow shortly...

Adieu

11 comments:

  1. You're back! Happy New Year Henno, and I hope we see a bit more of you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just came across your blog before you left for South Africa! I am looking forward to reading along about all the crazy things the African Down Under is up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... you never know; the Reds beat the Crusaders in the warmup game to the Super 14 here in Brisbane last night so anything's possible.

    Hi :) I found you through the South African Expats blog; Just wanted to let you know I've enjoyed what I've read here so far. No doubt I'll be back at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a brillaint idea on exiling Bafana Bafana if they embarrass us. Can we send our local Idols contestants too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, HT, Terri, thanks!

    I'm all for a bit of exile as a result of embarrassment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Xin chao Henno, do u remember me? Long time no see u..How are u? HAPPY NEW YEAR...I WISH THE BEST WISHES FOR U..I've just come to Sydney for 2 weeks..whenever u go to Sydney, let's call for me.We can drink coffee together...anyway,have a nice day.bye my Teacher..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Yes, I definitely will, welcome to Australia, and whenever you come up to Brisbane, let me know and the same offer stands :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I every time spent my half an hour to read this website’s articles or reviews all the time along with a cup of coffee.
    bcom result 2021-22 roll number wise

    ReplyDelete